Anytime I’m in the comfort of my house, I always sing this song: “Draw me nearer, draw me nearer, Lord, draw me nearer, nearer to thee.”
James 4:8 says; “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.” The blunt truth is this: It is very certain that many people are too far away from God. Despite their closeness and much prayers, God still consider them as people that are very far from Him. Some people are closer to God without them knowing. God is telling such people ‘what is your request?” Some people are too far from the Almighty God. Moses established a good relationship with God and God was always there for Moses in the time of trouble, affliction and captivity. God used Moses in a mighty way to warn his people not break His law Ex 19:20-24. Sin is the only thing that can bring enemity between man and God. When your hands are not clean, you are not nearer to God. When sin is parts of your lifestyle, God cannot draw closer to you. When there is a Divine voice asking you many times to confess your sins to God or man, you confess half and immediately ignore the most deeper ones, you are not nearer to God. God would tell you, “My brother, my sister, I have tried to deliver you but you are not doing what I asked you to do.” One of the criteria for God to draw nearer to you in the remaining parts of this year, it’s for you to live a righteous and heaven conscious iife. Isa 55:6-7. The Bible says; “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: ” (John 10: 27). When you are not closer to God in prayer, in holiness, in salvation, you cannot achieve an excellent results in life (Matt 6:33). A person who has no interest about the things of God, destruction is inevitable. People must learn the attitude of moving closer to God. Peter had lived an excellent life, a life that pleases the Almighty God. This is why God called him out and made the followers of fishers of men.
SIGNS THAT YOU ARE NOT NEARER TO GOD
1. When you are always in doubt about God’s promises
2. When you are not carrying out divine warnings and instructions
3. When you are always fond of cheating and deceiving people
4. When your anointing is seriously in check
5. When you always having negative feelings about others
6. When your spiritual life is rising and falling
7. When you are fond of telling people lies in order to extort valueable things from them
8. When you are not born again genuinely
9. When you always like to steal people’s blessing
10. When people cannot trust you
11. When you have the desire of pulling down people from greatness
12. When you are a candidate of child’s aborters
13. When your deliverance is not complete
14. When demonic dreams is prevalent
15. When you are an agent of darkness
16. When you have the attitude of wickedness
17. When you are having series of spiritual attacks
1. Rededicate your life to Christ. Tell God you are ready to follow Him
2. Repent and confess your sins to God – whether undisclosed ones or lighter ones (Prov 18)
3. Always ask God to forgive you of your sins and ask Him to tender His mercy upon you.
4. Prayerfully tell God to give you the grace to leave worldly things or lifestyle
5. Cover yourself with the blood of Jesus.
1. My Father, If I have been disconnected from you as your child, reconnect it back, in Jesus name.
2. Blood of Jesus destroy every inner and deceiving voice in my life, in Jesus name.
3. Every sin in my life that has become a tree, Father, uproot it by fire!
4. O Lord, I’m ready to draw nearer and more nearer to you
5. All my past life, I repent from them in Jesus name.
Drop your comments…..